Thursday, April 23, 2009

Profile: Tarot Card Reader Scotty Roberts



Scotty Roberts is a triple threat. He's a tarot card reader, an author, an illustrator and a renaissance festival veteran. Yes, that's actually four things...but there's nothing threatening about a man in a codpiece.

Tonight I was in for a treat. Not only did Scotty do a very accurate and fascinating tarot card reading for me, but (upon his insistence) he answered my questions while demonstrating the best way to fight off armored knights with a pool cue. You can take the man out of the renaissance...

Name: Scotty Roberts

Favorite Harry Potter movie: Dost thou see my double lance thou peevish pribbling cockscomb! I like the Prisoner of Azkaban.



Favorite tarot card: I see you swingeth a blade like a suckling babe, thou'rt no match for me! I like the Fool. I like the message of the card. "Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead - Don't be the fool who rushes in where angels dare to tread".



Why is the King of Cups' name so boring? Does he work for Amway?: A-ha! I parry your blade away like a reed in the wind, scoundrel! The King of Cups has an arrow in the heart which signifies that he has a great capacity for love, but is deeply wounded.



How many pairs of tights do you own?: You have been bested by your master, weak knights. Now go fondle thy insignificant manhood and go sing Nonny-nonny!!!! I have two pairs of functional black and green velvet tights left. HUZZAH! VICTORY!



For more information on Scotty and his tarot readings go to http://www.tarotbyscotty.com/. To check out his fantastic illustrations and stories go to http://www.tamohare.com/

1 comment:

  1. great interview mate! you should have your own talk show!

    ReplyDelete