Monday, March 8, 2010

Things not to say to your girlfriend

Last night I was watching SpongeBob Squarepants with my girlfriend. It reminded me of how much I liked working at the elementary school years ago and how I missed the kids. So I said:

"You know, if I didn't do comedy, I would love to be a teacher. Except I don't think I could teach in a rough neighborhood, or with the violently retarded. No offense."

What I meant was "Oops, I realize that 'retarded' is an offensive term to some and I apologize if you take exception to that." But what it ended up being was me calling my girlfriend "violently retarded". Which is ironic, because clearly I fall more neatly into that category myself.

3 comments:

  1. Next blog: things not to say to your EX-girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... heh heh... Wow ... I'm still smiling from that... I think this smirk is stuck on my face now my friend... LOL! - B

    ReplyDelete